[OpenSIPS-Users] FW: Asynchronous operation for REST queries

Ramachandran, Agalya (Contractor) Agalya_Ramachandran at comcast.com
Mon Sep 19 16:57:35 CEST 2016

Hi team/Liviu,

Couple of  questions for clarification.

1)      I see for every HTTP request(for both sync and async), TCP ports are being opened and closed.
                 Are we not using same port and pooling the request in a particular port if we are hitting simultaneous requests?

2)      Children parameter in the config file - I understand the use case of this is to spawn multiple threads.
If we want to handle more load in OpenSIPS, we should increase this number correct?
So when increasing this number of children process we should take care of CPU utilization and according to the no of CPU and RAM we used in our Linux system.

Correct me if am wrong in my understanding of the above questions.

Regards,
Agalya