[OpenSIPS-Users] Two opensips servers and one sip trunk

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 16:52:45 CET 2016

Hi Francos,

If both of the servers don't have to be active all the time then maybe a
LinuxHA or VIP based approach, but I feel that its not the case.

I'd suggest to get help from the two mi functions of uac_registrant module,
one to monitor and other to reload.

I assume both servers have their own database,

- Create a monitoring script which monitors the active registering server
and monitor the states
<http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/uac_registrant.html#id258196>
,

- If you detect failures then remove entry from that server's database and
send reload.
- Add the registration data into other server and send the reload command.
- Keep doing this in loop.(maybe cronjob every 3 minutes)

That's something that I think can help you out since uac_registrant module
keeps sending registration attempts internally on its own, hence it is only
logical to control it from outside.

Regards,
Sammy