[OpenSIPS-Users] Binary interface: usrloc replications - restore registrations after node restart

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Tue Mar 1 18:09:31 CET 2016

Hi, Ewgeny!

The usrloc binary replication is only the first step in the direction of
an horizontally scalable OpenSIPS cluster. It is designed to provide a
hot-backup registrar, through the use of a Virtual IP.

To answer your questions:

1) with usrloc binary replication, if the primary machine reboots, the
VIP will automatically switch over to the hot backup, and the SIP
registrar solution will continue to work. Once server 1 comes back
online (in secondary mode) it will gradually become up-to-date with
server 2 (current primary), within a couple of hours.

2) dialog replication is currently implemented in a similar manner, with
a hot backup, and no need for an SQL database in order to keep real-time
information.

We are currently working on providing a distributed SIP registrar
solution in the upcoming OpenSIPS 2.2 LTS. You can read some of the
discussions around it here [1]. Questions / suggestions are welcome!

[1]: http://www.opensips.org/Community/IRCmeeting20150527

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com