[OpenSIPS-Users] Query with respect to init script

Ramachandran, Agalya (Contractor) Agalya_Ramachandran at comcast.com
Thu Jul 14 15:38:02 CEST 2016

Hi team,

I have a query regarding opensips init script.
After installing opensips, right now am using "opensipsctl start/stop" to start and stop the service.
We are using centos for our project. My query is for centos we should use init script from packaging/fedora or packaging/rpm?
I have placed the init script in /etc/init.d/opensips and changed the location to /usr/local/sbin and tried to start, but it didn't.
It says" PID file /var/run/opensips.pid not readable (yet?) after start"
Which is the right command to start opensips ? Is it using opensipsctl start/stop or /etc/init.d/opensips start/stop?
And how to configure the right init script for centos and what should be done for make it working?
Please clarify me.

Regards,
Agalya