[OpenSIPS-Users] Is fix_nated_contact() useful when proxy and callee is behind NAT?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Jan 7 15:43:50 CET 2016

Hi Rodrigo,

If opensips is behind NAT, you should not use the nat related modules
(as the incoming traffic is correct from nat perspective, as originating
from public network). What you need to do is to be sure the traffic sent
out by opensips has the public IP and not the local private one. For
this, look at :
     advertise_address
     advertise_port
(http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-CoreParameters-2-1#toc25)

And be sure you have do port fwd of the SIP port from the public address
of the NAT to the private IP of your opensips.