[OpenSIPS-Users] Is fix_nated_contact() useful when proxy and callee is behind NAT?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Thu Jan 7 12:30:29 CET 2016

Hi.

I have read the entire OpenSIPS' documentation about how to deal with NATs.

I found ways of dealing with messages from client that is behind NAT. OpenSIPS can fix Contact headers fields and registers, when SIP messages comes from clients and cross NATs before reaching this proxy.

However, my OpenSIPS and callee is behind NAT, not the client. That is, if a client (caller) calls the callee, how could OpenSIPS with its functions fixes Contact header fields in responses that go from callee to caller, so that the client will be able to send ACKs? It is still obscure to me.

Any idea?

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center