[OpenSIPS-Users] WebSocket Support in OpenSIPS 2.1

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Tue Mar 17 20:00:44 CET 2015

Hello, all!

Aaand, we're finally making it official: OpenSIPS 2.1 will have
*WebSockets* support!

Are you planning to use (or perhaps you're already using) WebRTC based
SIP clients, but you are having hard time setting up the platform?
Starting from now, it has never been simpler - based on your needs and
feedback[1] we decided to implement a WebSocket server directly in OpenSIPS.

And we're doing it now! Starting with the new OpenSIPS 2.1 release you
will be able to plug your web-based SIP clients directly in your
OpenSIPS server using the new WebSocket transport protocol[2].

We've also setup a short tutorial[3] for you to integrate this feature
in your platform easier. Many thanks to Eric Tamme (lirakis) for all his
help with the tutorial as well as for the intensive tests.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/Community/IRCmeeting20141029
[2] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/proto_ws
[3] http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-WebSocket-2-1

Răzvan Crainea