[OpenSIPS-Users] tcp keep-alive time

george wu aihuawu2012 at 163.com
Fri Oct 17 13:05:12 CEST 2014

Bogdan-Andrei:

Thank you very much for so many helps.
Yes, tcp_connection_lifetime.
As you said before, udp scale up very well. But tcp is not.
However, I have no choice other than tcp. If the tcp get closed often, is it similar to udp?

Recently I modify the udp_server.c so that I defragment the udp package manually.
(For ice, the packet is about 1700+ bytes.)
This approach works 80% of time.

However the udp packages sometimes come out of order
which makes the linphone parser gets a coredump.
I googled a lot, some router's mtu is 1500 (payload 1472), some 1400. the only requirement is minimum 576 bytes.

So I finally give up the udp. I think tcp is the only reliable way to deliver big packet.
Unless your packet is less than 576 bytes. But my packet is 1700 bytes.

George