[OpenSIPS-Users] Setting do_routing

Nick Cameo symack at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 20:37:28 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Nick Altmann <nick.altmann at gmail.com> wrote:

> Carrier is just a gateways list. You may also set weight for each gw
> and drouting will choose gw's due its weight.
> Route_to_carrier() gets carrier parameters (gateways list) into avps
> and set $ru to first gw address.
> Use_next_gw() extract next gw parameters from avps and set $ru to the
> new gateway.
> So, you may try to work with these avps to change routing behaviour.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your response. After looking into it further I realized that
this approach is not very scalable. The reason why
is because we have over 30 interconnects (30 gateways), and would have to
maintain all of them to the carrier table.

Is there not way to pass a gwlist list to a function dynamically (at run
time) that will route to that call with failover? do_routing
would be perfect! If it adheres to the order of the gateway list.

PS I really don't want to change the ruri in perl either if this
functionality can be made available in the script.

Kind Regards,

Nick.