[OpenSIPS-Users] raise event when a registered user is unreachable

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Mar 14 18:07:45 CET 2013

Hi Jayesh,

Firing an event is not a problem - the problem is in NAT pinging, there
is no state for the tractions. Basically the modules doing NAT do not
care of the replies (as for pining is not relevant), so you do not know
which ping and for what contact it failed, in order to trigger the event.

Switching to statefull pinging may be expensive from resources point of
view....