[OpenSIPS-Users] Cancelling engage_rtp_proxy

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 21:59:55 CEST 2013

Jeff,

Thanks. You confirmed what I already suspected.
I tried using “manual” activation but still hit problems. It seemed that
once the SDP on the initial INVITE had been changed, then it would not
change back on subsequent destinations. I guess that is why you had to
operate it on each branch in the way you describe.

I am trying a completely different approach now.
The actual problem was that one gateway was already running RTP Proxy
(acting like an SBC). When two RTP Proxies were chained, only one would
activate and, if it was the wrong one, the network routing would not support
direct access to the remote end point. I fixed it by making the Proxies
engage with the “f” option. This makes all the Proxies in the chain active
even if they detect the others are there. This solution works provided you
have full access to the config on all the gateways and servers in the chain,
which on this occasion I did.

John