[OpenSIPS-Users] Cancelling engage_rtp_proxy

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Thu Aug 29 21:13:26 CEST 2013

Hi John,

I had asked the same question a while back.  The answer I received was your
second option.  It seemed the only way to *dis*engage_rtp_proxy() once
engaged was to end the dialog.  Since I needed to selectively engage and
disengage based on the current iteration of a serial fork, my only solution
was to manually manage with use_media_proxy().  This was in 1.6.

I found it effective on initial INVITEs to use_media_proxy() on the
branch_route so I didn't have to turn it off if I went to a new branch...it
effectively died with the branch.

The commands may have changed in more current versions but the approach
should remain compatible.

- Jeff