[OpenSIPS-Users] openxcap: 64k limit for query results?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Oct 23 10:11:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Oct 23, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Greg Gladman wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm consuming data from openxcap as part of a web application, but I've run into what seems to be a limitation in the size of the query results. Specifically, I'm querying for a list of users using a URI of the form:
>
> http://xcapserver/xcap-root/resource-lists/users/username%40domain.com/index
>
> The XML data is returned correctly in cases where the results occupy less than 64K, but above that threshold the results seem to be truncated or chunked. This is fine, except that I don't see a documented way to request the remaining result chunks or specify a maximum result size.
>
> Could anyone please point me to the relevant documentation or provide some insight into how to correctly handle large result sets like this one?

That limitation is not imposed by the software itself. It could be a network element that is not assembling packet fragments correctly. My resource-lists document is currently > 500K and it's working just fine. How are you receiving the data, just an HTTP GET? Does it also happen if you run it in localhost?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects