[OpenSIPS-Users] UPDATE with SDP after 183 Session Progress, allowed?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Jun 20 10:11:51 CEST 2012

Hi Timmo,

On Jun 20, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Timmo Verlaan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The UPDATE message doesn't get passed properly by the mediaproxy. The SDP doesn't get changed which causes the other side to think it can send the media straight to the ACME Packet SBC while both sides have to send their media to/through the proxy. We see the SDP is changed in UPDATE messages but not in this specific situation (UPDATE between the 183 Session Progress and 200 OK for INVITE).

MediaProxy sets a callback in the dialog module for any request sent within it, and when that happens use_media_proxy is called internally, so if OpenSIPS calls that callback then mediaproxy should work, and if it doesn't it's a MediaProxy bug I should fix :-)

Vlad, do you remember if this was the case in the 1.4 days?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects