No subject

Thu Dec 6 16:59:43 CET 2012

default, and keeps everything in memory. Is that correct?

Can any SIP UA client "REGISTER" with OpenSIPS when it is launched in the
"default" mode? If so, is there any special way the clients should send the
request?

If it is necessary for OpenSIPS to be run with a database in order to allow
clients to register? If so, will the db_text module suffice? If so, how do
I perform this configuration (given my testing scenario)?

PKCK

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:13 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at opensips.org>wrote:

> [...]
> users'
> locations across reboots, opensips can be configured to use MySQL. Before
> you
> proceed, you need to make sure MySQL is installed on your box."
>
>  This sounds ideal to me; I don't need any real kind of account
> management or authentication. I would like OpenSIPS to start, accept
> whatever REGISTER/INVITE from my two UAs, and then stop after I'm done. I
> would prefer not to require any database and keep it all in-memory, so
> there's nothing to clean up before or after the test (and no other
> dependencies to clean up before and after, e.g. MySQL databases).
>
>  However, I can't seem to connect a SIP UA client to OpenSIPS when it's
> started up like this. I am trying to connect with Jitsi, a Mac client, as
> well as the ipjsua test app that ships with the pjsip C library. (I am able
> to connect both of those to the sip2sip.info service, so I know they are
> both functional.)
>
>  With Jitsi, I set up a SIP account with Advanced settings (username:
> test1, password: test1, display name: test1, registrar: 127.0.0.1, port:
> 5060, manual proxy configuration, proxy: 127.0.0.1, port: 5060).
>
>  Log output from opensips in Console.app looks like this:
>
>  13-02-06 1:48:21.934 PM opensips: WARNING:core:warn: warning in config
> file /path/to/opensips-with-local-changes.cfg, line 50, column 13-16: tls
> support not compiled in
> 13-02-06 1:48:22.010 PM opensips: WARNING:core:main: no fork mode
> 13-02-06 1:48:22.011 PM opensips: NOTICE:core:main: version: opensips
> 1.8.2-notls (x86_64/darwin)
> 13-02-06 1:48:22.013 PM opensips: NOTICE:signaling:mod_init: initializing
> module ...
> 13-02-06 1:50:58.328 PM opensips: ERROR:registrar:update_contacts: invalid
> cseq for aor <test1>
> 13-02-06 1:51:02.335 PM opensips: ERROR:registrar:update_contacts: invalid
> cseq for aor <test1>
> 13-02-06 1:51:06.342 PM opensips: ERROR:registrar:update_contacts: invalid
> cseq for aor <test1>
>
>  With ipjsua/pjsip, I use the following configuration switches:
>
>  --id sip:test1 at 127.0.0.1
> --registrar sip:127.0.0.1
> --realm *
> --username test1
> --password test1
> --nameserver 127.0.0.1
> --outbound sip:127.0.0.1
>
>  Log output in Console.app looks the same as with Jitsi except for the
> "invalid cseq" lines:
>
>  13-02-06 1:56:39.004 PM opensips: ERROR:registrar:update_contacts:
> invalid cseq for aor <>
>

>  What do I need to do to run OpenSIPS in userspace, have it accept
> connections from my two SIP UAs, allow them to call each other, and do it
> all without requiring a database running?
>
>  Do I absolutely require a database? If so, can someone explain how to
> configure the db_text module to work for my testing scenario?

--047d7b6da95a40bc7704d529cfdc

eally doesn&#39;t help me or deal with the questions I laid out in my origi=
nal post. Perhaps I was not being clear. Let me start over.</div><div style=

plement an automated testing scenario on an OS X build machine.</div><div s=
are both running locally on the same machine -- to successfully engage in a=
 SIP call.=A0In order for two UAs to talk to one another, they need to be r=
egistered with a SIP server.</div>
/div><div style>Since this is an integration test and doesn&#39;t require a=
ny state being retained, the test steps look like this: (1) bring up an Ope=
nSIPS server in userspace, (2) have the two SIP UA clients register with th=
at server, as simply as possible, (3) have the two SIP UA clients engage in=
 and then end a SIP call, (4) stop the SIP UA clients, (5) shut down the se=
rver.</div>

 have it &quot;installed&quot; on the build machine. I used the &quot;prefi=
x&quot; parameter to `make install` into a separate directory and I am atte=
mpting to run OpenSIPS from that directory.</div>
e OpenSIPS does not use a database by default, and keeps everything in memo=
ry. Is that correct?</div>
with OpenSIPS when it is launched in the &quot;default&quot; mode? If so, i=
s there any special way the clients should send the request?</div><div styl=
e>
ase in order to allow clients to register? If so, will the db_text module s=
uffice? If so, how do I perform this configuration (given my testing scenar=
io)?</div>
hu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:13 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a hr=
ef=3D"mailto:bogdan at opensips.org" target=3D"_blank">bogdan at opensips.org</a>=
&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

 =20
   =20
 =20
    <tt>Hi,<br>
      Without a trace I cannot tell for sure, but I suspect your clients
      send several REGISTER requests without increasing the CSEQ no
      (which is mandatory) - this is the meaning of the error you get.<br>
      So, to be sure, make a network capture with the sip traffic
      (ngrep) and see what are the replies from opensips.<br>
      Regards,<br>
    </tt>
    <pre cols=3D"72">Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
          new system we are designing. Not only for use in a production
          environment, but also how it can be used to facilitate
          automated integration tests.</div>
          two SIP UAs that need to have a SIP session. What I would like
          to do is bring up a SIP server (in userspace) before the
          integration test starts, and bring it down after the
          integration test ends (fails/succeeds). The automated test
          will run on OS X.</div>
          major problems. I am able to run it in userspace simply by
          calling it from the command line like `/sbin/opensips -D -f
          /path/to/opensips.cfg`.</div>
nt
          Data Storage&quot;, it says:</div>
ny
          simplifications.=A0</div>
          User Location database=A0</div>
          and remember users&#39;=A0</div>
          MySQL. Before you</div>
          box.&quot;</div>
          account management or authentication. I would like OpenSIPS to
          start, accept whatever REGISTER/INVITE from my two UAs, and
          then stop after I&#39;m done. I would prefer not to require any
          database and keep it all in-memory, so there&#39;s nothing to
          clean up before or after the test (and no other dependencies
          to clean up before and after, e.g. MySQL databases).</div>
          OpenSIPS when it&#39;s started up like this. I am trying to
          connect with Jitsi, a Mac client, as well as the ipjsua test
          app that ships with the pjsip C library. (I am able to connect
          both of those to the <a href=3D"http://sip2sip.info" target=3D"_b=
lank">sip2sip.info</a> service, so I
          know they are both functional.)</div>
          (username: test1, password: test1, display name: test1,
          registrar: 127.0.0.1, port: 5060, manual proxy configuration,
          proxy: 127.0.0.1, port: 5060).=A0</div>
          warning in config file
          /path/to/opensips-with-local-changes.cfg, line 50, column
          13-16: tls support not compiled in</div>
          fork mode=A0</div>
          version: opensips 1.8.2-notls (x86_64/darwin)</div>
          NOTICE:signaling:mod_init: initializing module ...</div>
          ERROR:registrar:update_contacts: invalid cseq for aor
          &lt;test1&gt;</div>
          ERROR:registrar:update_contacts: invalid cseq for aor
          &lt;test1&gt;</div>
          ERROR:registrar:update_contacts: invalid cseq for aor
          &lt;test1&gt;</div>
          switches:=A0</div>
">sip:test1 at 127.0.0.1</a></div>
          except for the &quot;invalid cseq&quot; lines:</div>
          ERROR:registrar:update_contacts: invalid cseq for aor &lt;&gt;</d=
iv>
          accept connections from my two SIP UAs, allow them to call
          each other, and do it all without requiring a database
          running?</div>
          explain how to configure the db_text module to work for my
          testing scenario?</div>