[OpenSIPS-Users] Memcached module

Vlad Paiu vladpaiu at opensips.org
Thu Sep 29 10:24:56 CEST 2011

Hello,

The memcached and localcache modules offer the same functionality, but
with different back-end storage. The localcache module uses OpenSIPS
shared memory to store the key-value pairs, while the memcached module
uses a memcached server as storage.

The main error you should try to fix is
     ERROR:core:sr_load_module: could not open module
</usr/local/lib/opensips/modules/memcached.so>: libmemcached.so.8:

Is the libmemcached library properly installed ? Have you done a
     ldconfig
after installing to make sure is available for using ?

Regards,

Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer