[OpenSIPS-Users] Memcached module

Faisal Rehman faisal.rehman22 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 09:31:40 CEST 2011

Hi Souza,

First of all please tell me which OpenSIPS version have you installed on your CentOS box? I am having the latest release of OpenSIPS and it is not having any memcached.so module in the modules directory instead it is having a new module that performs the same function of memory caching known as "localcache.so".

The OpenSIPS will never start or work if you copy the simple library files from the /lib directory of your system because OpenSIPS is compiled with its own modules which are available in/usr/local/lib/opensips/modules directory (Please be noted that the new releases are having modules in lib64 instead of lib).

So in my opinion the fix of your problem will be removing libmemcached.so.8from opensips modules directory, and then loading the modulelocalcache.soin your opensips.cfgfile as:

loadmodule "localcache.so"

and then you can export any parameter that fullfills your requirement like

modparam("localcache", "cache_table_size", 10)

Please run after that, I hope it will work :)

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman