[OpenSIPS-Users] Reroute B2B call after failure

duane.larson at gmail.com duane.larson at gmail.com
Tue May 17 04:04:24 CEST 2011

I have the following setup

----- Primary SIP Gateway A XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Phones <-> OpenSIPSProxy <-> OpenSIPSB2BUA <-> SIP Trunk Provider |
----- Backup SIP Gateway B YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY

So my SIP trunk provider (Bandwidth.com) provided me with two gateways to
send my calls to (One is the primary and the other is the backup in case
the first doesn't work). I am trying to figure out how I can set up the
OpenSIPSB2BUA so that if the first gateway is down the call will timeout
and send the call to the Backup Gateway. Normally this would be easy but
since the call is being executed with the b2b_init_request() function I
can't set a failure route and then when the first call to the Primary
Gateway fails set my $rd to the Backup gateway and call b2b_init_request()
since b2b_init_request() can only be executed on the initial INVITE.

Has anyone run into this scenario yet? Anyone have any ideas on a possible
solution?

If the OpenSIPSB2BUA can't do anything with the timeout then it will need
to fail back to the OpenSIPSProxy, but I am not sure what I can do on the
OpenSIPSProxy since all he does is set $rd to the IP Address of
OpenSIPSB2BUA and t_relay() it.