[OpenSIPS-Users] Kamailio restart problem

Efelin Novak efelin.novak at gmail.com
Fri May 13 09:23:45 CEST 2011

Hi thanks for the answer.

This is a reply from the kamailio mailing list I was talking about.

Hello,

On 2/28/11 10:52 AM, Henning Westerholt wrote:
>* On Thursday 24 February 2011, Efelin Novak wrote:*>>* I'd like to ask whether my situation is normal. During kamailio restart*>>* calls are dropped from mediaproxy. Those two programs are connected using*>>* kamailio.sock. Why RTP strem is dropped when SIP proxy is restarted? I*>>* would expect just undelivered BYE or something.*>* Hi Efelin,*>**>* i'm not an expert with mediaproxy, but does the kamailio hold some state that*>* mediaproxy need to proper route the RTP packets? This would explain the*>* behaviour that you observe, as this would probably lost during a restart.*even if it needs details from SIP signaling, then it is a bug IMO that
media proxy kills the calls. Kamailio recovers the states of active
calls upon restart when dialog module is loaded, nothing is lost.

I never used media proxy, but restarts of kamailio when using rtpproxy
to relay the rtp does not impact at all the ongoing calls.

Cheers,
Daniel