[OpenSIPS-Users] Memory leak

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 21:50:05 CET 2011

Thanks Anca and Bogdan.  Both of you are right in a way.  SIPP is, after a
while, leaving a lot of dialogs in "state 3".  It could be because I am
using the same server as the SIPP UAS and UAC.  I will need to split the
SIPP processes up to see if that changes things.

I am not sure if all the Dialogs in "state 3" are because of the stress test
load I am putting on OpenSIPS or because of a combination of things
(internet and SIPP test machine).  Either way I want to be sure to implement
a way to delete these stale dialogs.  I saw this post
http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/destroy-dialog-on-transaction-timeout-and-load-balancer-td5832178.html

Sounds like I should try to implement option 2 for dialogs that are (state
!= 4 && lifetime > 5 minute).

On a side note, last night SIPP left 501 dialogs in "state 3" on OpenSIPS.
I waited 12 hours which is the default dialog timeout for those dialogs to
be removed from the dialog table.  Once they were removed I didn't see free
memory of the machine go up any.  And when I did a "top" command I saw that
the 4 opensips child processes still had 6.4% of memory usage.  Should the
processes have freed up that memory?  Or is that considered allocated memory
that Opensips can use?