[OpenSIPS-Users] Some love for the Debian packaging

Razvan Crainea razvancrainea at opensips.org
Tue Aug 23 13:20:03 CEST 2011

Hi Saul,

You are right, those packages should not need the -dev packages at
runtime. I will remove them, and also update the Standard version to 3.9.1.

The main problem in compiling OpenSIPS with TLS support by default is
that openssl is not compatible with the GPL licence, as the public
repository requires. But considering we use our own repository, we can
change the Makefile to compile OpenSIPS with TLS support by default.

Are you saying we should change the shebang for the Debian packages into
/bin/dash or something like that? Because I'm not sure this will solve
the problems we have with the scripts, as they are not fully compatible
with dash yet.

Also, regarding the python module, it isn't documented yet. This is
another reason we are not adding it to the packages. If there is anyone
who can maintain this module and write the documentation, we would be
happy to include it in our next releases.

Regards,

Razvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Developer