[OpenSIPS-Users] Some love for the Debian packaging

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Aug 23 10:49:26 CEST 2011

Hi Razvan,

On Aug 23, 2011, at 10:33 AM, Razvan Crainea wrote:

> Hi Saul,
>
> On 22.08.2011 20:03, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been testing the 1.7 branch over the weekend and I found some issues with the Debian packaging:
>>
>> - Some packages depend on -dev libraries when they shouldn't
> Can you indicate the packages that are not required?

opensips-dialplan-module depends on libpcre3-dev, opensips-memcache-module depends on libmemcached-dev and opensips-json-module depends on libjson0-dev. Those are only needed at build time, the runtime dependencies are captured by the shlibs:Depends.

opensips-console has a shlibs:Depends, but it doesn't need it.

>> - Old Debian standards version

Debian stable has 3.9.1.

>> - No TLS by default? [1]
> There are two packages built: with and without TLS[3] support.

If OpenSIPS is built with TLS support it can be disabled, but if it wasn't built with support for it it can't be enabled. Is there a reason for not having TLS by default on the Debian package rules file?

>> - Some scripts have /bin/sh in the shebang, but Debian Squeeze (stable) uses dash instead of sh, which doesn't provide the same features
> As far as I know, on the systems that use dash, /bin/sh is a symlink to dash. Anyway, it's true that some scripts are not compliant with dash. Just yesterday I committed a fix for opensipsdbctl tool in order to solve this issue. I'll dig into more problems today.

Since this is a Debian-specific problem I'd change the shebang in the rules file with sed --inplace.

>> - Python module is not built [2]
> The Python module is not built because it is still in Alpha state.

Understood.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects