[OpenSIPS-Users] openSIPS vs Kamailio vs SIP-Router

David J. david at styleflare.com
Mon Aug 15 05:02:58 CEST 2011

Nick,

All are used; SIP-Router is really just kamailio; But in terms of
OpenSIP's vs Kamailio they are virtually the same software.

As far as performance goes; I think they are about even. You will notice
some differences for example OpenSIPs has a B2B module that you wont
find in Kamailio; that is used for certain scenarios like topology
hiding; if that is important to you then that maybe a reason to go with
opensips.

They both support common DB access like mysql, postgres.

Each installation has their own criteria, but in terms of scale, both
projects are used in carrier grade deployments. And in some cases both
are used for various reasons in the same network.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions.