[OpenSIPS-Users] any reason why Opensips would replace 503 with 500 ?

Dave Singer dave.singer at wideideas.com
Fri Oct 8 00:59:46 CEST 2010

Julien,

I have been catching it in failure_route and sending it on up with this:
        if (t_check_status("^503$")) {
                t_reply("503", "Service Unavailable");
                exit;
        }

I think you could use t_reply("503", $(<reply>rr));   (note the use of
<reply> to indicate the reply context see usage examples near the top of
this link: <http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreVar16> ) to have it
use the original reason text instead of always sending "Service Unavailable"
no matter what reason came with the 503. I haven't tried it yet myself.
I'm doing this because I'm just using it as a proxy to mangle headers and
not decide where to go next. So I really do just want to pass the response
back to the server doing the routing logic. It would seem passing the 503
would be the normal behavior in this case. Plus like the situation of Julien
which I also have, where the upstream routers are not properly handling the
diff between a 500 and 503.

So I agree that it would be nice if there were a param and/or var that could
be set for the desired behavior like the invite timeout settings for tm.

Bogdan,

Is "disable_503_translation" ( from the subject of the link you posted ) an
actual parameter (un)documented?