[OpenSIPS-Users] Setting opensips for maximum performance

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 13:21:45 CET 2010

On 23.02.2010 09:31, Jan Rozhon wrote:
> chieftec:~# opensipsctl fifo get_statistics 'shmem:'
> shmem:total_size = 33554432
That's how much you've got allocated for shmem ~36M
> shmem:used_size = 24018088
Used right now
> shmem:real_used_size = 26151984
Used right now + the overhead (from allocator probably)
> shmem:max_used_size = 33554432
Max used so far - that means there was a time when you allocated the
whole memory. That's a problem you have to solve.

> Does this means that I have only 32 MB of shared memory? In /etc/default
> /opensips I definitely set the value to 3072 MB. Is there some problem
> with shared memory then?

That seems to be debian-specific config - are you running opensips from
init.d/opensips then? If not, you have to add something like '-m 512' to
command line options. (3GB is probably way more than you need)