[OpenSIPS-Users] number of opensips children

opensipslist at encambio.com opensipslist at encambio.com
Wed Feb 3 17:42:31 CET 2010

Hello Bogdan,

An mer., févr 03, 2010, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu schrieb:
>opensipslist at encambio.com wrote:
>> I have eight TCP listeners configured and about sixteen UACs are
>> connected. I get a ton of these warnings whenever REGISTER or INVITE
>> messages come in:
>>
>>   Feb 02 18:17:22 name.host.tld <warning> opensips[02126]: WARNING:core:send2child: no free tcp receiver, connection passed to the leastbusy one (1)
>>   Feb 02 18:17:25 name.host.tld <warning> opensips[02126]: WARNING:core:send2child: no free tcp receiver, connection passed to the leastbusy one (1)
>>
>Also, to be sure you got it right, there is no relation between the
>TCP WORKER and a connection. A TCP WORKER process is just reading
>and processing a SIP message at a certain time. Next SIP message
>from the same connection may end up in a different TCP WORKER proc.
>
>and this has nothing to do with the tcp_persistent_flag.

But what can be the reason that 8 TCP worker processes are unable to
be idle enough to serve 16 UACs? The UACs are sending REGISTER and
SUBSCRIBE messages every 5 minutes only, and hardly any INVITES are
being made. It would seem that even a single TCP worker process
should be able to serve the 16 UACs exchanging little traffic no?

Regards,
Brian