[OpenSIPS-Users] [NEW] Media timeout detection and call termination

Dave Singer dave.singer at wideideas.com
Sat Dec 18 00:40:36 CET 2010

It seems VAD would also be a potential problem with NAT and state
full packet inspection on firewalls. It would see a better practice for the
UA to send keep alive RTP packets. That would solve both dead call detection
and potential NAT issues. That would be nice RFC change.
In my situation I have never seen VAD in use. I would like to have the
option to set what determines a call is dead, 1 leg no RTP, both legs no
RTP, or don't kill a call no matter if there is no rtp.
Looking forward to the solution you are talking about.

Dave