[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS maximum performance in a multiprocessor machine (SMP)

Italo Dacosta idacosta at gatech.edu
Thu Sep 17 13:58:53 CEST 2009

Stanis?aw Pitucha wrote:

> I just thought about something different. What kind of link are you
> using on each side and what throughput can you get (using for example
> `iperf`) on that host. Assuming that your INVITE messages are just
> below 700B:
>
> 20k-msg/s * 700B == 104Mbit
>
> Maybe you've just saturated your 100Mbit connection? Are you sure that
> the whole path is 1Gbit? Can Iperf do more than 100Mbit at all?

Stanislaw: yes, that what my first thought too. However, the whole path
is Gbit Ethernet. I measured it with Iperf and I can measure more than
100 Mbit (around 900 Mbit). I also checked the network switch
utilization, and everything is fine (no packets dropped, etc). Thank you
for your suggestion anyway.

ID