[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS maximum performance in a multiprocessor machine (SMP)

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 17:26:37 CEST 2009

2009/9/14 Italo Dacosta <idacosta at gatech.edu>:
> With the above configuration  the proxy is able to reach around 20,000
> calls per second (cps). However, I have noticed that the CPUs in the

I just thought about something different. What kind of link are you
using on each side and what throughput can you get (using for example
`iperf`) on that host. Assuming that your INVITE messages are just
below 700B:

20k-msg/s * 700B == 104Mbit

Maybe you've just saturated your 100Mbit connection? Are you sure that
the whole path is 1Gbit? Can Iperf do more than 100Mbit at all?