[OpenSIPS-Users] Voicemail doesn't work with Mediaproxy

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 02:56:12 CEST 2009

I am running OpenSIPS version 1.5.1

I am sure I found the append_branch command from someone's code I found
online.

I did have voicemail working to where there was two-way audio.  I thought I
had solved everything, but then I came back from the weekend holiday, tried
to make a call between two natted devices and noticed that I had broken
that.  I forget what I did to make voicemail work, but I will try and find
out again.  I will do like you say and make sure I am placing
"use_media_proxy" in all the proper routes.  I will post once I figure it
out.  I hate it when people on this mailing list figure it out and all the
post is "Fixed it" without mentioning what they did.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Thomas Gelf <thomas at gelf.net> wrote:

> osiris123d wrote:
> > I am trying to use fix_nated_sdp("3", "ip of mediaproxy"0), but I am sure
> > am placing it and using it in the wrong spot in my script.
>
> Don't do that. If you are using fix_nated_sdp together with mediaproxy,
> you will for sure mess up something. Calling "use_media_proxy" in your
> INVITE route, your reply route and also for your in-dialog ReINVITES
> will automagically fix your SDP.
>
> > failure_route[1] {
> >   append_branch();
>
> What OpenSIPS version are you using? In recent versions append_branch
> is not needed here.
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas Gelf
>
> --