[OpenSIPS-Users] Registration - strange behaviour

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Oct 28 16:12:37 CET 2009

2009/10/28 Carlo Dimaggio <jaasmailing at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a natted ATA that is trying to register to my opensips. The
> registration comes from a port different from the standard 5060.
> The problem is that the opensips reply to the 5060 and not to the
> receiving port (45900). I don't understand this behaviour....
> What could be the problem?

The problem is that you haven't read RFC 3261 section 18.2.2, neither
RFC 3581 (rport) so you see an issue where there is not.

Tip: since you client is not adding "rport" to Via header, you must
force it in OpenSIPS with "force_rport()" function (just useful when
NAT has been detected).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>