[OpenSIPS-Users] CallControl - CDRTool : MySQL server has gone away (2006)

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sun Oct 4 11:35:10 CEST 2009

Hi Carlo,

I am aware of this problem. To my dispair I could not find what is
causing for it.

I have already captured both errors 2006 and 2013 at the lowest level
possible in PHP code (in phplib/db_mysql.inc) where when such error
code is detected a new connection to mysql server is initiated. This
problem seems to bypass these checks altogether though if you follow
through the code it would be logically impossible. As this happens
only on particular systems while on others it does not, I suspect the
cause is related to a particular version of mysql C client library or
a combination of particular client and server versions.

So I am looking for hints myself for how to solve this nasty issue.

--
Adrian