[OpenSIPS-Users] CallControl - CDRTool : MySQL server has gone away (2006)

Carlo Dimaggio jaasmailing at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 10:58:44 CEST 2009

Il giorno 24/lug/09, alle ore 15:02, Adrian Georgescu ha scritto:

> If you lower the mysql connection timeout to a a few minutes you will
> see in syslog that the software is able to reconnect correctly in case
> of 2006 or 2013.
>
> But I have seen this myself too, randomly it fails and though the
> error code is intercepted in mysql connection library used by cdrtool
> (in db_mysql.inc) sometimes it still does not work as expected and
> could not trace the reason how it can do this. Maybe you can inspect
> that code add some debugging statements to it and find the culprit.

Hi Adrian,

I took your mail of last july because I'm experiencing with the same
problems.
After the mysql timeout (8 hours), cdrtool doesn't reconnect to mysql:
"Database error for query 'select * from prepaid where account = '1000 at sip.xxx.it
'': MySQL server has gone away (2006), link_id =Resource id #53,
query_id = "

I think is useful to tell you that I hadn't these problems with an
ubuntu 8.04 installation (now I have a lenny 64bit)... There could be
something in this last installation (like some parameters in mysql
config?)

Do you have hints for this?

Thanks and regards,
Carlo Dimaggio