[OpenSIPS-Users] Retransmissions with broken UAs

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Tue May 19 16:18:50 CEST 2009

Hi All,So I've seen, what I expect are some broken UA. I get a BYE, relay
it.. then get a 200 OK, relay it.

So I'd expect the call to end after that, but then the UA sends the BYE
again, and I 200 OK it right away (without relaying the BYE).  This happens
like 6 times or so before the UA gives up.

Now this looks like a dialog matching problem. I'm guessing it's a really
old UA (Headers show MERA MSIP v.1.0.1). This is the only client (of about
30) that is having this problem.

So my question is, what is opensips's behavior with these kinds of
transactions. I don't understand when opensips decides to retransmit a 200OK
(without re-relaying the BYE), versus a 481 Transaction Does not Exist,
versus completely ignoring the packet. I was guessing the transaction stays
in memory after it's been destroyed just to absorb retransmissions. If
that's the case, would i expect to see a 481 once that timer expires for the
same retransmitted BYE?

Thanks!
-Brett