[OpenSIPS-Users] Confused -> ERROR:auth:consume_credentials: noauthorized credentials found (error in scripts)

Robert Borz robert.borz at web.de
Fri Mar 27 07:02:19 CET 2009

Hi Alan,

this issue sounds a bit like the one I had some time ago... I also started with a sample configuration from the sipwise wizard.

See http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2009-January/002639.html
and http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2009-January/002630.html

I ended up with the solution Bogdan presented to me:

> if you do auth -> use consume_credentials
>   -> if no auth, use remove_hf()

This means, after I do auth (after calling proxy_authorize() on invite or www_authorize() on register) I call consume_credentials(), otherwise in the 'base-outbound' route I just inserted

if (is_present_hf("Proxy-Authorization")) {
	remove_hf("Proxy-Authorization");
}

to get rid of the credentials (Proxy-Authorization header) in ACKs and BYEs for upstream. This works very well for me.

And last but not least: no annoying "ERROR:auth:consume_credentials: noauthorized credentials found (error in scripts)" anymore. :-)

Regards,
Robert