[OpenSIPS-Users] Load balancing implementation case.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Mar 26 13:36:00 CET 2009

hi Grygoriy,

Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy wrote:

>     So this number of agents is actually the capacity of each CC? like
>     how many simultaneous calls the CC can handle.
>

> The thing is that number can change, lets say 1 day we have 25 agents,
> next day we have 10 agents at the same CC, the goal of the project is
> to retrieve that information from all call centres every N minutes and
> update their capacity to the opensips database. Now i am changing the
> dispatcher file each morning, and i am pretty tired of that. So let's
> say i am able to interrogate each trixbox and to retreive the number
> of connected agents dynamicly, then i execute the mi command to update
> the opensips database (pstn capacity) every 10 min. What do you think
> ? Is that a good solution ? Is opensips capable to deal with such a
> setup ?
with load_balancer module is even simpler as for changing the capacity
of a cc you do not have actually to reload - issuing a simple mi command
will do the job - see the 'lb_resize' command -
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/load_balancer.html#id228160

>     Have you looked at the loadcbalancer module ?
>     (http://www.opensips.org/pmwiki.php?n=Resources.DocsTutLoadbalancing)
>
>     you can define the size of each CC in the DB and also change it at
>     runtime (see the MI commands)
>
>     If you need some help on this, please let me know.
>
>     Regards,
>     Bogdan
>

> I think load balancer is a big advance, however i am not sure if it
> suits my needs, lets say i modify the pstn capacity of 5 CC every 1
> hour, and we have the situation as follows: (% of agents per site)
> This is my actual config with dispatcher.
>
> CC1 17%
> CC2 14%
> CC3 15%
> CC4 18%
> CC5 17%
> CC6 19%
>
> Total 100 %
>
> The load is ~4000 call /day and growing so i would like to distrubute
> the call's accordinly to % of each site. However if i update it in
> real time is it possible to distribute calls by % to each CC like i do
> it now with the load balancer ? Is it possible that call center with
> less pstn resources however get the number of calls accordinly to
> their % (capacity) ?
> Thank you for info.

well i would say lb is fitting better. with dispatcher you need to
recalculate the percentages and to reload the data. with lb, you simple
do a rezise of a cc via mi command ( see above).

and the biggest advantage of lb is that it is actually counting the
ongoing calls for each cc to spread the call as balanced as possible.

regards,
bogdan