[OpenSIPS-Users] XCAP pres-rules changes not taking effect?

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Mon Mar 16 14:02:48 CET 2009

Hi Gustavo,

Gustavo Santana Robledo wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm doing some tests with XCAP in integrated mode and I´m having  some
> issues with pres-rules documents.
> My problem seems to be that the changes in the xcap document doesn't
> seem to be taking effect.
>
> I was wondering if someone else encountered the same problem?
>
> I'm not running the mi_xmlrpc module, I don't think this should be a
> problem as XCAP and Opensips communicate via the xcap table? (I've
> also restarted opensips just in case there's a cache not being
> updated...)

In fact not using mi_xmlrpc  module is exactly the problem.
Indeed OpenXCAP and OpenSIPS communicate through the 'xcap' db table,
but for OpenSIPS to became aware that a change has occured in an xcap
document, it needs to be notified by OpenXCAP. This is done with an MI
command - 'refresh_watchers'. SO if you want the changes to take effect
immediately, you need to load this module.
Otherwise the status of the subscription will be updated when an update
Subscribe message is received.

regards,
Anca