[OpenSIPS-Users] loose routing question

Robert Dyck rob.dyck at telus.net
Thu Mar 5 19:30:03 CET 2009

I did not describe the scenario accurately. I should have reviewed the issue
before composing my response.

The problem arises when the asterisk does a re-INVITE. If the UA receiving the
re-INVITE includes the original R-R list in the 200OK then asterisk will
route the ACK correctly. If the UA does not include the R-R list in the 200OK
the asterisk will create a null routeset and the ACK will be misrouted. The
spec says that a UAS may include R-R in the in-dialog response but the UAC
must ignore it. The same logic suggests that the lack of R-R should not be
interpreted as a null route set.

I am sorry about the confusion. You are quite right. The UA does not send a
R-R in a request.