[OpenSIPS-Users] loose routing question

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Mar 5 13:25:00 CET 2009

2009/3/4 Robert Dyck <rob.dyck at telus.net>:

> Twinkle as one example however does not
> send R-R with the in-dialog request.

Hi, no one SIP device sends R-R, neither in initial INVITE or
re-INVITE. R-R (Record-Route) must be add just be proxies, and UAS
must copy them in the 1XX/2XX responses to the *initial* INVITE.
When creating an in-dialog request, the SIp device must insert Route
headers, no Record-Route.

> Asterisk will then create a null route set.

I assume you mean that the *proxy* doesn't add R-R for in-dialog
request (the correct behaviour) so Asterisk fails and re-set the route
set.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo