[OpenSIPS-Users] Ways of manipulating the From header of CANCEL

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Sun Jun 14 20:05:10 CEST 2009

Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Martins wrote:
> Guys, I've been reading a lot on the list and testing on our servers
> (opensips 1.5) for some time but I still have a big issue!
>
> 1) If I use uac_replace_from on REQUEST route, the from header got
> miswritten (truncates) when using it twice. Bad for me, when intended to
> use it to provide backup routes on a call failure. But...

yes, because the function can be called only once per branch - the
correct approach is the 2)
> 2) When I use uac_replace_from on BRANCH route, the replacement works
> realy fine. In order to use a backup provider, I just arm the
> branch_route and, on branch route, execute uac_replace_from with the
> proper username/domain for that specific provider. The result is ok. The
> from header is properly rewriten, many times I need at the same
> transaction. But...

so, no problems here, right ?
> 3) When opensips receives a CANCEL, it do not rewrite the from header,
> prior to send it to the provider. Neither using the uac_replace_from
> function, neither using subst function (from textops). I read that
> CANCEL is locally generated, and that's why those funcions do not affect
> it. I read too that the uac_replace_from used on INVITE was expected to
> work on CANCELs automaticaly. But apears to not work when using
> uac_replace_from on BRANCH routes. And I tryied it with
> from_restore_mode parameter on 'manual' and on 'auto' mode.

indeed, the CANCEL is internally generated, so whatever changes you do
for the received CANCEL in script are useless. But TM does automagically
update the FROM hdr in CANCELS (if the INVITE FROM was changes), in any
mode... If this does not happen, please post traces and debug=6 logs for
the call.

> 4) Thats why I got a big of an issue! I MUST use the uac_replace_from on
> BRANCH routes to work with backup providers. And I MUST replace the from
> hdr of CANCEL, as my providers are rejecting CANCELs with diferent from
> headers!

you do not have to deal with the CANCELs - they automatically done.. see 3)
> Do anybody could put this kind of environment to work? Have any clue
> about it?

see 3), about traces and logs..