[OpenSIPS-Users] Ways of manipulating the From header of CANCEL

Ricardo Martins rpoppi77 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 22:40:49 CEST 2009

Guys, I've been reading a lot on the list and testing on our servers
(opensips 1.5) for some time but I still have a big issue!

1) If I use uac_replace_from on REQUEST route, the from header got
miswritten (truncates) when using it twice. Bad for me, when intended to
use it to provide backup routes on a call failure. But...

2) When I use uac_replace_from on BRANCH route, the replacement works
realy fine. In order to use a backup provider, I just arm the
branch_route and, on branch route, execute uac_replace_from with the
proper username/domain for that specific provider. The result is ok. The
from header is properly rewriten, many times I need at the same
transaction. But...

3) When opensips receives a CANCEL, it do not rewrite the from header,
prior to send it to the provider. Neither using the uac_replace_from
function, neither using subst function (from textops). I read that
CANCEL is locally generated, and that's why those funcions do not affect
it. I read too that the uac_replace_from used on INVITE was expected to
work on CANCELs automaticaly. But apears to not work when using
uac_replace_from on BRANCH routes. And I tryied it with
from_restore_mode parameter on 'manual' and on 'auto' mode.

4) Thats why I got a big of an issue! I MUST use the uac_replace_from on
BRANCH routes to work with backup providers. And I MUST replace the from
hdr of CANCEL, as my providers are rejecting CANCELs with diferent from
headers!

Do anybody could put this kind of environment to work? Have any clue
about it?

Regards!

Ricardo.