[OpenSIPS-Users] Inject REFER

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Fri Jun 12 01:25:21 CEST 2009

On Thursday 11 June 2009 22:57:14 Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> 2009/6/11 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <rabs at dimension-virtual.com>
>
> > On Thursday 11 June 2009 22:27:23 Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> > > Does anyone know if there is an actual QSIG implementation of "REFER"?
> >
> > That
> >
> > > may make this whole issue moot.
> >
> > Could you describe what scenario are you trying to implement ?
>
> A call comes in to opensips, which sends the call to a TDM gateway. This
> terminates to a ACD. And agent utilizes some mechanism to deflect the call.
> It's necessary that the deflection occur on the far end of the sip
> connection (so there is a sip to tdm translation in there, of which I don't
> know if it can support a deflection). Possible options for the deflection
> is either something that is supported natively in a qsig to sip mapping, or
> an out of band solution. I was expecting this to be out of band such that a
> script would poke at the fifo to perform such deflection.
>
> I know.. it's a weird setup.

So, you have ... SIP <-> TDM <-> SIP, yes is a weird and stupid setup ...

You have 3 possible solutions:

1) SIP <-> B2BUA <-> TDM <-> SIP, Call-Deflection by DTMF controlled at B2BUA
side

2) SIP <-> TDM <-> SIP
       |-  SIP_faked_UAC -|

 So, for example, you could use some sipp script that "insert" a faked REFER
from the "origin", but controlled by the far end SIP agent.

3) SIP <-> TDM <-> SIP, trying to use call-deflection features that the TDM
gateway support (AFAIK, only usable with SS7 links or QSIG links but not with
PRI, ANALOG or BRI links)

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual