[OpenSIPS-Users] Feature-request: AVPs for nat_traversal

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Jun 11 17:08:33 CEST 2009

let's keep the guns away :D.....

There is an older plan (since almost 1 year) of refurbishing the NAT
related traversal modules:
    nat_traversal module will be responsible for signalling part (ping +
mangling)
    mediaproxy and nathelper (future rtpproxy) will offer the
interfacing to the media relays...

The idea is:
    1) nat_traversal has more features on pinging area - can do pinging
without registration, simply monitoring presence and call sessions
    2) to avoid code duplicity between nathelper and mediaproxy (nat
tests, contact changing, etc)

so far there was no action in this direction.