[OpenSIPS-Users] debuild error on MediaProxy 2.3.4

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Jun 2 21:50:47 CEST 2009

On 2 Jun 2009, at 15:12, Jeff Pyle wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> One version of Python, and I think I'm okay on "extra" _conntrack.so
> files.
>
> I run media-relay from the path after a system-wide installation.
> It looks
> like that's where it's picking it up from:
>
> # python -c "import sys, mediaproxy; print sys.modules['mediaproxy']"
> <module 'mediaproxy' from
> '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/__init__.pyc'>
>
> It appears I am missing the _conntrack.so in this directory.  What's
> the
> cleanest way to get it in there?  How should it have been placed in
> there?
>
> # ls /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/interfaces/system/
> __init__.py  __init__.pyc

A symbolic link should have been placed there by python-support when
the mediaproxy packages were installed. I do not know why it failed to
do so. Maybe there were some error/warning messages you missed when
installing. Anyway, the easiest and most future proof way to get it in
there is to make the symbolic link yourself. Do not just copy the file
there, because when you upgrade the file will not get upgraded. A
symbolic link however will always point to the right file in the
package, even after it gets upgraded.

The location of your mediaproxy directory seems odd. The files should
not be symlinked to /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages. Instead they
should be loaded directly from /var/lib/python-support/pythonX.Y as
you see in my example, or in more recent versions from /usr/lib/
pymodules/pythonX.Y
At least this is what I see on the x86 architecture, in versions which
both predate and postdate the debian 5.0 release.

Maybe this is something specific to the sparc architecture.

Anyway, you should make a symlink. Look at the __init__.py in the same
directory, as that is a symlink as well. You should make yours similar
(pointing to the same directory where __init__.py points, but to
conntrack.so)

--
Dan