[OpenSIPS-Users] Remote Party ID

Matti Zemack Matti.Zemack at rtcfactory.com
Mon Jun 1 17:05:20 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm now looking at options to get away from using the phone no. as
identifier for the ATA devices. So that the customers may change phone
no without us reconfiguring their ATA device.

For incoming calls (PSTN GW -> Asterisk -> Opensips) I suppose "aliases"
table and "alias_db.so" is used for this. Or is there some other module
I should look at?

But, for outgoing calls, how is the easiest way of getting the correct
callerID in place. In the Subscriber table I saw a column named RPID?
Might this be the correct place. And from which module is it used? Might
I even ask for cfg snippets lying around?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Matti Zemack, Stockholm, Sweden