[OpenSIPS-Users] Asterisk reinvite confuses Mediaproxy

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Sun Jul 12 11:57:28 CEST 2009

On Sunday 12 July 2009 00:48:26 Jeff Pyle wrote:
> On 7/11/09 5:33 PM, "Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana"
>
> <rabs at dimension-virtual.com> wrote:
> > I will not question why are you trying to use Mediaproxy if not for NAT
> > fixing .. X-)
>
> Because I can.  :)  Or, rather, I thought I could...  Real world
> applications include more accurate accounting and documenting the codecs in
> use.

For accurate accounting I prefer to use a B2BUA, for documenting the codecs in
use, that could be done, just with the Proxy, but you get a good idea :-)

> > For properly handling the re-invite, did you call force_rtp_proxy INSIDE
> > the in-dialog procces ?
>
> force_rtp_proxy() is for rtpproxy; this is Mediaproxy.

I told you without reading the docs ... just from memory.

> I'm calling only
> engage_media_proxy() at the initial INVITE.

I suggest you to stay appart from the dialog module as far as you can.

> Perhaps I might have more luck
> with the less automated use_media_proxy()/end_media_session() approach.

Yes, that is a better way.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual