[OpenSIPS-Users] xmpp configuration

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Sun Dec 27 20:04:07 CET 2009

Hi,

The problem is very clear from the replies that you get - the SIP
Message sent to the xmpp account goes into the part with lookup
location. You have to call
xmpp_send_message function before that so that the message is handled by
the gateway instead.

Anca Vamanu
www.voice-system.ro

Indiver wrote:
> Hi Anca .
> As per your suggestions i can add sip buddy from xmpp client. I can even
> send messages to sip client. But the problem is i cannot reply back to the
> xmpp buddy. It is getting 403 forbidden error some times and 407 Proxy
> authentication error some times. I tried to add xmpp buddy in sip client as
> follows
>  sip:username<delim>jabber_server at gateway_domain
> But in vain. Is any further modifications required in opensips in order to
> send message to xmpp buddy?. cause that in the error log it is searching for
> xmpp buddy in usr loc table and it was unable to find that and displaying
> 403 forbidden error. Can u suggest me where i went wrong.Thanks in Advance!
>
> Anca Vamanu-2 wrote:
>
>> Hi Indiver,
>>
>> The 'destination address' refers to the address of the buddy in the
>> contact list. So in the xmpp account you must add the SIP buddy with the
>> address:
>>
>> "sip_username<delim>opensips_domain at xmpp_domain"
>>
>> xmpp_domain - must be the domain used by opensips when registering as a
>> component in jabberd2. And the xmpp srv record for that domain must
>> point to the ip of the machine where jabberd2 is running.
>>
>> In SIP, the xmpp buddy must have the following address format:
>>
>> "sip:username<delim>jabber_server at gateway_domain"
>>
>> The gateway_domain is the domain of the opensips gateway. This address
>> format is used to ensure that the message gets to the gateway. The
>> gateway will the decode the address and get the right xmpp address of
>> the target : username at jabber_server.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Anca Vamanu
>> www.voice-system.ro
>>

>> Indiver wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Every one,
>>>
>>> I'm working on xmpp module of opensips. I  configured opensips as
>>> component
>>> mode. I installed jabberd2 and configured successfully. When i look up