[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cp CDR correlation

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Apr 30 17:07:09 CEST 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> No, a proxy is fully vulnerable to a spoofed BYE, why? because the
> proxy MUST route the BYE according to RURI, Route headers..., while a
> B2BUA doesn't route it, just "eats" it and generate a new one in leg
> B.

I think we already agreed that it doesn't matter if the BYE is doctored to
circumvent the system, if the proxy will close the media sessions as soon
as it receives a BYE that belongs to the dialog (spoofed or not).

Continuing to debate this in pointless. I already showed you that a
solution based on a media relay can be made as cheap as the B2BUA based
solution that you promote, while being much more accurate.

If you do not want to use it, that's fine. You can continue your quest for
finding one. But you should stop making unsubstantiated claims about the
media relay based solutions and give the other users a real chance to
evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of these solutions by themselves.

--
Dan