[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cp CDR correlation

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Apr 30 17:02:10 CEST 2009

2009/4/30 Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com>:

> I don't think you would. Mediaproxy will most likely max out your network
> capacity before needing another server (at least with the right hardware).
>
> Also you seem to forget that your "cheaper" solution still needs an extra
> box as well (the B2BUA). Unless by cheap you mean something else than less
> servers.

Yes, a B2BUA host would be required (perhaps it could be used instead
of a proxy, so you don't need two servers). anyway I prefer a real
proxy in front.

> As for the network traffic we already established it'll be the
> same. The difference is that the media relay will give you accuracy to the
> second, while the B2BUA will not.

SST working with a 15 seconds interval is IMHO enough accurate.

Dan, I'm not trying to say which option is better. I just mean that
doing media-relaying is not the *only* or better solution for all the
cases.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo