[OpenSIPS-Users] Removing a VIA line required by Telco.

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Mon Apr 20 21:59:51 CEST 2009

David,

Opensips is a proxy.  A proxy's role is dictated by RFC3261.  It's fast,
lightweight, very scalable, and has some very nice features you're already
taking advantages of.  But, it's still only a proxy.  A proxy needs Via
lines.  Period.  To otherwise manipulate the traffic or keep state in other
ways turns it into something it's not.

Iñaki's right.  You need to find a new telco.  The fact they don't permit
proxies illustrates they really don't understand what they're getting into
with SIP, and sooner or later you're going to encounter something they can't
fix.  Or, if they do know what they're doing, their business model is
certainly not friendly towards your goals.  But that's a discussion for
another place and time.

One fact remains -- you will not be able to use any proxy as you're looking
to with your current telco.

- Jeff